Simi Hardware & Rock Depot carries 1000’s of nuts and bolts. We have one of the largest selections in Ventura County. Give us a call to check the availability of the nut(s) or bolt(s) you need or come in and we will be happy to assist you.
A nut is a type of fastener with a threaded hole and are almost always used in combination with a mating bolt to fasten multiple materials together.
Bolts are a type of fastener and are used to secure or fasten materials together. There are many types of bolts and hardware nuts.
Nuts and bolts can be made of various materials such as steel, titanium or plastic. The finish or plating on a metal nut or bolt affects its look and durability. Some common finishes are listed below:
• “Black bolts” – converting the top layer of a ferrous material with a chemical treatment.
• Chromate – Adds color, shine, superior rust resistance
• Nickel – Very hard finish, higher investment, good corrosion resistance
• Zinc – Most common, low cost, resists corrosion and rust
• Grade 8 bolt – It is made of alloy steel and has a tensile strength of 150,000 pounds per square inch.
• 18-8 stainless steel
• Axle Hat
• Finished Hex
• Heavy Hex
• Nylon Insert Locknuts
• All Metal Locknuts
• Machine Screw
• Serrated Flange
• Specialty nuts
• Square Head
• Specialty bolts